Grandma's Banana Bread Recipe: The Absolute Best Banana Bread Ever by Donna John
This easy banana bread recipe is really is the best banana bread you'll ever make. And, this recipe is super simple. Take it from this grandma, who knows her baking. This is how to make the absolute banana bread recipe ever.
Here is your shopping list for this grandma-approved, moist banana bread recipe: flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, sugar, an egg, vanilla extract, overripe bananas, vegetable oil, milk and chopped nuts. I'm pretty sure my delicious banana bread recipe will be one snack or dessert recipe you'll be making again and again!
Note: 30Seconds is a participant in the Amazon affiliate advertising program and this post contains affiliate links, which means we may earn a commission or fees if you make a purchase via those links.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
Total Time: 40 minutes
Servings: Makes 2 loaves
- 2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla
- 5 - 6 overripe bananas, mashed
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 cup chopped nuts
- I like to slightly under bake my bread. Just where it's a tiny bit moist in the center on the top.
- Before it's completely cool, I cover with plastic wrap. This makes the top of the bread ooey gooey and super moist.
Here's how you make it:
- Combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt in a bowl.
- Combine the rest of the ingredients in another bowl.
- Mix wet and dry ingredients together.
- Pour into two greased and floured 9x5-inch loaf pans. Bake at 350 degrees F about 30 minutes.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.