Healthier Candy for Christmas? Yep! How to Make Chocolate Cashew Bars by Donna John
Candy without butter? No white or brown sugar? This healthier chocolate spiked with cashews will satisfy any sweet tooth!
- 6 tablespoons creamy peanut butter
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 3 tablespoons coconut oil
- 2 1/2 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup chopped cashews
Here’s how you make it:
- Combine the peanut butter, honey, coconut oil, cocoa powder and vanilla. Mix well.
- Add the cashews. Mix well.
- Pour mixture into a loaf pan that’s been lined with aluminum foil that overlaps the top edges (so it’s easy to lift out).
- Put in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours to set.
- Remove candy and cut into bars or chunks.
- Keep uneaten candy refrigerated – it’ll melt at room temp.
Note: Because of the coconut oil, this candy really does melt fast! If you’re feeling generous and taking some to a friend, put the container on an ice pack for the ride. (Been there, done that!)
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Simply Jif, Creamy $2.50
Chilly Paks $13
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.