Fancy Bacon Recipes: How to Make Hot & Sticky Maple Bourbon Bacon by Gigi Gaggero
Ready for a grownup brunch or breakfast? This bacon just screams breakfast in bed.
- 1/4 cup pure maple syrup
- 1/4 cup quality bourbon
- 1 teaspoon finely grated orange zest
- 1/4 cup dark brown sugar, packed
- 2 pounds skinless slab bacon, 3/4-inch thick slices
Here’s how you make it:
- In a large bowl, combine the brown sugar, maple syrup, bourbon and orange zest. Place bacon strips into the marinade and toss until the bacon is evenly coated. Allow to rest a minimum of 20 minutes, up to one hour.
- Line two high-sided baking sheets with foil and place a cookie cooling rack on top of each sheet. Spray cookie cooling racks with nonstick cooking spray.
- Lay bacon on the racks in a flat even layer. Bake for 25-30 minutes or until crispy in a preheated 350-degree F oven. Watch closely the last 5 minutes because the bacon will burn very quickly towards the end of the cooking process. Cool before serving.
I’d serve these sexy bits of heaven with a side of warm melted chocolate – but that’s just me.
Take 30 seconds and join the 30Seconds community. Inspire and be inspired.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.