With apples and onions, this pork chop recipe is soon become a family favorite. And it's ready in about 30 minutes!
- 3 small apples, sliced thin
- 1 large sweet onion, sliced
- 1 cup white wine
- salt and pepper
- 6 pork chops, 3/4 inches thick
- olive oil
- 2 tablespoons butter
Here's how you make them:
- Heat olive oil in a cast iron skillet over medium-high heat.
- Season pork chops generously with salt and pepper on both sides. Sear pork chops about 2-3 minutes per side. Transfer to lined baking sheet.
- Immediately upon removing the chops, de-glaze the skillet with the dry white wine. Swirl in the butter. Once butter melts, add the onions and apples. Sprinkle with salt, to taste. Stir occasionally, cooking until soft, about 8 minutes.
- Add the chops back to the pan on top of the onions and apples. Cook for another 2 minutes.
Serve with a heaping spoonful of the apples and onions on top. Mashed potatoes make a great side!