How to Make Purple People Eater Cupcakes for Halloween (They're So Easy)! by Donna John
It was "a one-eyed, one-horned, flyin' purple people eater" in the song, but your adorable monster can have as many eyes as you want! Not a fan of purple people eaters? Make these cupcakes in any color you'd like. They would be adorable for a kid's monster-themed birthday party!
- 1 box cake mix (plus ingredients to make it)
- baking liners
- 2 tubs white frosting
- food coloring
- disposable decorating bags
- decorating tips
Here's how you make them:
- Bake the cake according to cupcake directions on the package using the baking liners. Cool completely.
- Remove about 1/3 to 1/2 cup of the white icing and set aside for the eyes (this depends on how many eyes you plan to have). Color the remaining icing using the blue and red food coloring to achieve desired purple color. Or, use ready-made purple food coloring.
- Fit decorating bag with a large tip. Fill the bag with the purple icing. Pipe mounds of icing onto the cupcakes.
- Fill another bag with a smaller tip with the reserved white icing. Pipe eyes (or one eye!) on the mounds.
- Top each white eye with a brown (or whatever color you want!) M&M.
Tip: Want to add a horn? Dip Bugle chips in chocolate to cover and insert into the icing after they've dried.
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.