Quick Cassoulet Recipe: How to Make Chicken Cassoulet in Less Than 30 Minutes! by Donna John
Cassoulet, a classic French stew made with beans and meat, usually takes hours to make. This one is table ready in about 30 minutes, but tastes like it has cooked all day!
- 2 cans (15 ounces each) white beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 boneless chicken breasts or 4 boneless chicken thighs, cut into 1 1/2-inch chunks
- 1 onion, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- salt and pepper
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 3/4 cup chicken broth
- 6 ounces turkey sausage, cut into chunks
Here's how you make it:
- Mash a 1/2 cup of the beans. Set aside.
- Season the chicken with salt and pepper. Heat 1 tablespoon of the olive oil in a pan and cook chicken until browned on both sides. Remove from pan and set aside.
- Pour the other 1 tablespoon of olive oil into the same pan. Add the onion and garlic and cook until onion is soft, about 3-4 minutes.
- Add rosemary, thyme, and salt and pepper, to taste. Cook, stirring, 1 more minute.
- Turn heat to high and add wine. Cook, stirring, until wine is reduced by half, about 2 minutes.
- Add broth, turkey sausage, the whole and mashed beans and chicken. Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer, covered, until chicken is cooked through, about 5 minutes.
- Taste and adjust seasonings.
Garnish with chopped parsley, if desired.