30-Minute Cassoulet Recipe: This Easy French Cassoulet Recipe Tastes Like It Simmered All Day by Donna John
Cassoulet, a classic French stew made with beans and meat, usually takes hours to make. This one is table ready in about 30 minutes, but tastes like it has cooked all day.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
- 2 cans (15 ounces each) white beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 boneless chicken breasts or 4 boneless chicken thighs, cut into 1 1/2-inch chunks
- 1 onion, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 3/4 cup chicken broth
- 6 ounces turkey sausage, cut into chunks
Here's how you make it:
- Mash 1/2 cup of the beans. Set aside.
- Season the chicken with salt and pepper. Heat 1 tablespoon of the olive oil in a pan and cook chicken until browned on both sides. Remove from pan and set aside.
- Pour the other 1 tablespoon of olive oil into the same pan. Add the onion and garlic and cook until onion is soft, about 3 minutes.
- Add rosemary, thyme, and salt and pepper, to taste. Cook, stirring, 1 more minute.
- Turn heat to high and add wine. Cook, stirring, until wine is reduced by half, about 2 minutes.
- Add broth, turkey sausage, the whole and mashed beans and chicken. Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer, covered, until chicken is cooked through, about 5 minutes.
- Taste and adjust seasonings. Garnish with chopped parsley, if desired.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
White Beans $1 & Up
Dried Rosemary $3 & Up
Dried Thyme $3 & Up
Chicken Broth $1 & Up
Olive Oil $4 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.