Chef's Fresh Sugar Pumpkin Salsa Recipe Will Help You Think Beyond Pumpkin Pie (You've Got to Taste It to Believe It) by Chef Gigi Gaggero, Host of KSCU 103.3 FM LIVE Food Talk Radio S.F. Bay Area
So easy and delicious. You've got to taste it to believe it!
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
- 2 - 3 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 small sugar pumpkins
- 2 organic tomatoes, de-seeded and cut into a small dice
- 1/2 red onion, cut into a small dice
- 1 jalapeno, seeded and finely chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, finely diced
- 1 - 2 limes, zested and juiced
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
Here’s how you make it:
- Carefully cut pumpkins open with a serrated knife. Remove pulp and seeds. Reserve seeds for roasting. (Try this easy roasted pumpkin seeds recipe).
- On a lined baking sheet, lay pumpkins flesh facing up and drizzle with 1 to 2 teaspoons olive oil. Season with salt and pepper. Roast in a 400-degree F oven, uncovered, for 15 to 20 minutes depending on size. Poke with a fork to check doneness. (Very slightly undercook to hold shape when diced.) Cool fast to prevent overcooking.
- In a small bowl, combine tomato, red onion, jalapeno, cilantro, garlic, lime juice, cumin and 1 to 1 1/2 teaspoons olive oil. Add cooled diced pumpkin. Toss to coat. Adjust seasoning with salt and pepper and add additional cumin and lime juice if needed. Serve with tortilla chips.
30Seconds is a participant in the Amazon affiliate advertising program and this post contains affiliate links, which means we may earn a commission or fees if you make a purchase via those links.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Zesters $6 & Up
Salsa Bowls $6 & Up
Olive Oil $4 & Up
Tortilla Chips $3 & Up
Ground Cumin $3 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.