Surprise Meatloaf Recipe: This Moist Meatloaf Recipe Is Anything But Boring by Donna John
Tired of boring ol' meatloaf? This easy meatloaf recipe is packed with flavor and has a cheesy surprise inside. The prep for this ground beef meatloaf is simple and you can make the side dishes while it bakes. This stuffed meatloaf is an easy weeknight dinner.
Ground beef, fresh breadcrumbs, eggs, yellow mustard and a few dashes of Worcestershire sauce are mixed together to form the meatloaf. The mixture is pressed out flat and sprinkled with cheese and chopped fresh parsley. Roll the meatloaf up and put it into a baking dish or meatloaf pan. Pour your favorite barbecue sauce over the top and bake for about one hour. Simple!
Use your favorite barbecue sauce for this easy ground beef recipe. It can be on the sweet side (honey), smoky side (hickory or mesquite) or spicy side. You could even use half ground pork and half ground beef. The moist meatloaf would be delish served with mashed potatoes and a fresh vegetable.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 1 hour
Total Time: 1 hour and 10 minutes
- 2 pounds lean ground beef
- 3 slices bread, made into breadcrumbs (I grate with a cheese grater)
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup yellow mustard
- dash Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups cheese (cheddar, Colby-Jack and Monterey Jack work well)
- 1/4 cup chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 1 cup barbecue sauce
Here's how you make it:
- Combine the ground beef, breadcrumbs, eggs, mustard, salt, pepper (to taste) and a dash or two of Worcestershire sauce. Mix well. Put the mixture onto a piece of wax paper or foil and pat into a square shape.
- Combine the cheese and parsley. Sprinkle it over the meat. Roll up the meat to form a log shape. Pat gently to form a meatloaf and enclose the ends.
- Place the meatloaf in a lightly oiled baking pan or loaf pan. Pour the barbecue sauce over the top.
- Bake in a preheated 400-degree F oven for about 1 hour, or until meat is cooked through. If it begins to get too brown during cooking, cover with foil. Allow to sit about 10 minutes before cutting.
Note: 30Seconds is a participant in the Amazon affiliate advertising program and this post contains affiliate links, which means we may earn a commission or fees if you make a purchase via those links.
Recipe cooking times and servings are approximate. Need to convert cooking and baking measurements? Here are some kitchen conversion charts. Here's how to submit your recipes to 30Seconds.
Take 30 seconds and join the 30Seconds community, and follow us on Facebook to get recipes in your newsfeed daily.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Meatloaf Pans $8 & Up
Baking Pans $9 & Up
Yellow Mustard $1 & Up
Worcestershire Sauce $2 & Up
Barbecue Sauce $1 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
To many calories . It will taste just as good without cheese .