Spider Cupcakes: A Creepy, Cute & Easy Halloween Treat! by Donna John
These spider cupcakes will creep their way into your heart. Why? Because they’re so darn cute and easy to make!
- 1 box chocolate cake mix (plus ingredients to make it)
- 1 tub chocolate frosting
- black sugar or black sprinkles
- black licorice strings
- Mini M&M’s or orange Skittles
- black cupcake baking liners
Here’s how you make them:
- Bake the cake according to package directions for cupcakes using black baking liners. Cool.
- Frost the cupcakes with the chocolate icing, mounding the icing to form the spider’s body.
- Generously cover the top of the cupcakes with the black sugar or black sprinkles.
- Cut the licorice into 3- to 4-inch lengths. Insert three into each side of the cupcake to form the legs.
- Add two M&M’s or Skittles for the eyes.
Great for decorating cakes, cupcakes, cookies or ice cream!
Extra-fine sugar is excellent for filling brightly colored designs on cakes cookies and cupcakes.
They melt in your mouth, not in your hand! 2 12-ounce bags
Great for decorating baked goods. 2-pound bag
Quick, colorful and festive way to dress up your cupcakes and muffins. Pack of 100
Package includes 2 resealable stand-up bags, 41 ounces each.