Healthier Halloween: How to Make Fun & Easy Fruit Snacks for Your Kids! by Donna John
a year ago
What kid could resist these one-eyed apple monsters and banana ghosts? You get healthy, they think it’s just fun!
- peanut butter
- cashews or peanuts
- large marshmallows
- melted chocolate
- toothpicks (optional)
How to make the apple treats:
- Cut wedges out of the apples.
- Use two wedges to make a mouth. Secure the back with toothpicks, if needed.
- Fill the inside of the mouths with peanut butter.
- Add cashews or peanuts for the teeth.
- Attach a marshmallow to the top with a dab of peanut butter for the eye.
- Make the pupil with the chocolate.
How to make the banana treats:
- Cut the bananas in half.
- Using the melted chocolate, add a mouth and eyes.
- Stand up on a plate or platter.