Weekend Snacks: How to Make Bacon-Wrapped Dates With Fontina! by Erica Kane
a year ago
Bacon-wrapped dates are always a crowd-pleaser. Stuff them with cheese and they're an even bigger hit!
- 20 pitted, dried dates (Medjool preferred)
- 5 slices Applewood smoked bacon
- smoked paprika
- fontina cheese
Here’s how you make them:
- Slice 5 pieces of bacon in half, and then slice those in half again lengthwise (so each piece of bacon is cut into four equal pieces).
- Sprinkle bacon with smoked paprika.
- Pitted dates are already sliced so fill each one with a piece of fontina cheese.
- Wrap each date with the cut piece of bacon (smoked paprika side facing date) and secure with a toothpick. Arrange on a medium baking sheet.
- Bake at 425 degrees F for 15-ish minutes. Keep your eye on the bacon. Once it's fully cooked, remove from the oven. Arrange dates on a platter and serve!
These large medjool dates will cure your sweet tooth with just one delicious bite. 1-pound bag
Premium quality, large size, fat free, cholesterol free, sodium free, high in potassium and grown in the USA. 5-pound bag
This paprika is smoked over oak wood to give it an earthy flavor that pairs well with egg, bean and potato dishes, as well as roasted and grilled meats.