How to Make Chinese Five Spice Duck Tacos (Your Taste Buds Won't Know What Hit 'Em)! by Donna John
With the variety of foods on the market, who wants a basic taco these days? Art de Fete shared its Chinese five spice duck tacos recipe!
- 1 duck breast
- 1 tablespoon Chinese five spice powder
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- vegetable oil
- 8 corn tortillas
- cole slaw
- fire-roasted plum salsa or your favorite salsa
Here’s how you make them:
- To cook duck meat, score duck skin, approximately 1/2 inch apart in a crisscross pattern (try not to cut into duck's meat) with a sharp knife. This helps the fat to render and the skin to get crispy. Gently brush the meat with vegetable oil, then season well with salt, chili powder and rub it with Chinese five spice.
- Heat a cast-iron skillet over medium heat. Place duck breast skin side down into the skillet and sear until the skin is golden brown. This takes about 4-5 minutes. Then flip and cook for another 2-3 minutes. Transfer skillet into the oven and finish cooking duck at 375 degrees F for another 8-10 minutes. Internal temperature should register somewhere between 135 degrees F for medium rare to 160 degrees F for medium.
- Transfer duck breast to a cutting board and let rest for at least 5 minutes. Slice into thin slices. Keep warm for serving.
- Grill corn tortillas for a minute on each side. Keep warm in a kitchen towel.
- To serve, top each tortilla with cole slaw then place few duck slices and top with spoonful of fire-roasted plum salsa (or your favorite salsa). Sprinkle queso fresco cheese, cilantro leaves and an avocado slice for creaminess. Scatter lime wedges and jalapeno slices onto a serving dish. Serves 6 to 8.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.