How to Make Polenta-Crusted Fish Tacos With Spicy Mango Slaw! by Donna John
Let’s taco about a holiday that everyone should celebrate – National Taco Day! Instead of going out, why not make your own polenta-crusted fish tacos with spicy mango slaw? The recipe is by George Duran for IMUSA!
- 2 - 3 pieces tilapia
- 3/4 cup polenta (or fine cornmeal)
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- olive oil
- cilantro and sliced radishes, for garnish
- 4 - 6 corn tortillas
Spicy Mango Slaw
- 1 tablespoon mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- 1 teaspoon chipotle hot sauce, like Tabasco
- 1 teaspoon lime juice
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 cup cabbage
- 1 mango, ripened but hard
Here’s how you make them:
- Make slaw by mixing the first five ingredients until smooth and then mixing it with the cabbage and mango. Set aside.
- Mix paprika and polenta together in a shallow bowl.
- Season tilapia strips with salt and press into polenta, making sure it's completely covered. Discard excess polenta.
- Heat 1 to 2 tablespoons of olive oil in your IMUSA nonstick sauté pan and once it begins to smoke, add the tilapia. Fry the tilapia in batches, about 2-3 minutes per side, until slightly browned and fully cooked. Remove onto a paper-towel lined dish.
- Heat corn tortillas in the IMUSA tortilla warmer.
- Assemble by placing some slaw in the center of the tortilla and one or two slices of tilapia on top. Top with cilantro leaves and radish.