Thanksgiving Appetizers: Butternut Squash Hummus Is Off-the-Charts Good (and Guilt Free!) by Donna John
Enjoy fall's bounty by making this easy butternut squash hummus recipe. It's creamy, healthy and packed with flavor. Enjoy with pita chips, crackers, vegetables or spread on toasted bread.
- 1 1/2 cups roasted butternut squash
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 can chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 2 tablespoons tahini
- 2 garlic cloves
- juice of 1 lemon
- 1-2 tablespoons water (depends on thickness you desire)
- 1/4 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon cumin
- salt and pepper
Here's how to make it:
- Add all ingredients except hazelnuts to a food processor or blender. Process until smooth. Taste and adjust seasonings as needed.
- Pour into a serving bowl.
- Drizzle with a little more olive oil, sprinkle with more paprika and garnish with hazelnuts.
Serve with pita bread, crackers, pita chips or chopped veggies.