Cream of Poblano Soup Recipe: Don't Lose This Easy Creamy Poblano Soup Recipe by Donna John
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 35 minutes
Total Time: 40 minutes
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3 poblano peppers, roasted, peeled, seeded and chopped (learn how to roast poblano peppers)
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup diced carrots
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 4 cups water
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 3/4 cup half and half
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- 1 teaspoon salt
- toppings: shredded Monterey Jack cheese, diced red onion, cilantro leaves, tortilla strips or crushed tortilla chips
Here's how to make it:
- Cook the poblano, onion and carrots in the butter until soft, about 5 minutes.
- Add the flour and cook another 2 minutes.
- Add water and chicken stock. Stir and simmer on low about 30 minutes.
- Puree with an immersion blender.
- Add half and half, cilantro and salt. Heat through. Taste and adjust seasonings. Spoon into bowls and top with desired toppings.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.