Cream of Poblano Soup Recipe: A Quick Soup With a Hint of Attitude by Donna John
This creamy poblano soup recipe is one of my favorites. It's simple to prepare and loaded with flavor. You won't be able to stop eating it.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 35 minutes
Total Time: 40 minutes
Servings: 3 to 4
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3 poblano peppers, roasted, peeled, seeded and chopped (learn how to roast poblano peppers)
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup diced carrots
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 4 cups water
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 3/4 cup half and half
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- 1 teaspoon salt
- toppings: shredded Monterey Jack cheese, diced red onion, cilantro leaves, tortilla strips or crushed tortilla chips
Here's how to make it:
- Cook the poblano, onion and carrots in the butter until soft, about 5 minutes.
- Add the flour and cook another 2 minutes.
- Add water and chicken stock. Stir and simmer on low about 30 minutes.
- Puree with an immersion blender.
- Add half and half, cilantro and salt. Heat through. Taste and adjust seasonings. Spoon into bowls and top with desired toppings.
Note: 30Seconds is a participant in the Amazon affiliate advertising program and this post contains affiliate links, which means we may earn a commission or fees if you make a purchase via those links.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.