How to Make Hibachi-Style Rice at Home (This Chef Cracked the Code) by Chef Gigi Gaggero
Love that rice you get at hibachi restaurants? Now you can make it at home!
- 4 cups cooked brown rice or white rice
- 4 ounces butter, softened
- 1 onion large, diced
- 1 large carrot, peeled and rough chopped
- 2 cloves whole garlic, mashed
- 2 cloves garlic, whole
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/2 teaspoon white pepper
- 1/2 -1 teaspoon onion powder
- toasted sesame seeds
- 4 scallions, cut in 1/4- to1/2-inch diagonal cuts
- freshly ground pepper
- 1/8 - 1/4 cup low-sodium soy sauce
Here’s how you make it:
- Combine the 2 cloves of mashed garlic and 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt to the softened butter. Set aside.
- In a food processor, pulse the carrot, onion and whole garlic to just under split pea size. Set aside.
- Place the butter into a large skillet or wok. Add the carrot, garlic and onion mixture. Sauté until onions are translucent and carrots begin to brown and caramelize.
- Beat eggs in a bowl. Season with the remaining garlic salt, onion powder, salt and white pepper. Set aside.
- Add the cooked white or brown rice to the pan. Sauté to combine the carrot-onion mixture and until rice releases steam and begins to brown, about 5 minutes.
- Add the eggs and cook through. Toss to combine everything.
- Add soy sauce, to taste. Add scallions and toss about 2 minutes. Add toasted sesame seeds. Adjust seasoning with salt and pepper, if needed.
If desired, you could add some shredded cooked chicken. Enjoy!
Take 30 seconds and join the 30Seconds community. Inspire ... and be inspired.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Brown Rice $3 & Up
White Rice $3 & Up
Garlic Salt $3 & Up
White Pepper $4 & Up
Onion Powder $3 & Up
Sesame Seeds $4 & Up
Low-Sodium Soy Sauce $4 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.