How to Make Crunchy & Creamy Sundried Tomato Phyllo Rolls! by Chef Gigi Gaggero
11 months ago
Packed with earthy sundried tomatoes and creamy cheese, these crunchy phyllo rolls will be the star of any party!
- 8 ounces sundried tomatoes packed in oil
- 1-3 cloves garlic, peeled and cleaned
- 1 big pinch red pepper flakes
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese, grated fine
- 12-16 ounces cream cheese, softened (to your taste)
- 1 egg
- salt and white pepper
- 1 package phyllo dough
- butter, to brush the tops
Here’s how you make them:
- Drain the sundried tomatoes.
- Blend all ingredients expect cream cheese in a food processor until it forms a paste. Scrape down the sides. Add the cream cheese and egg. Pulse until combined. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Stack two phyllo sheets on top of one another. Using a sharp knife or shears, cut sheets in half lengthwise, making 16 5- to 6-inch wide strips. Place one strip on work surface (keep remaining strips covered with a slight damp towel to prevent drying). Brush entire strip with oil. Place 1 heaping tablespoon cheese filling in center of strip, 1 inch in from one short pastry edge.
- Shape filling into a 3-inch long log, parallel to short edge. Fold short edge, then sides of pastry, over filling. Continue to roll up, enclosing filling completely. Lightly brush with melted butter and chill until firm.
- Bake rolls, uncovered, in a preheated 400-degree F oven until filling is heated through and pastry is golden, about 10-15 minutes. Serve hot.
You can make them in a variety of sizes. Play!