Homemade Donuts: How to Make Vegan Pumpkin Doughnuts With Cinnamon-Sugar Dust! by Chef Gigi Gaggero
Topped with cinnamon sugar, these vegan pumpkin doughnuts are super duper fluffy! And so easy to make!
- 1 1/4 cups cake flour
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 cup canned or fresh pumpkin puree
- 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 2 1/2 tablespoons coconut oil or vegan butter, melted
- 1/2 cup nut milk
Cinnamon Sugar Coating
- 3 teaspoons coconut oil or vegan butter, melted
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons cinnamon
Here’s how you make them:
- Generously grease a doughnut pan. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, whisk the dry ingredients.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the pumpkin puree, coconut oil and almond milk.
- Gently fold the wet mixture into the dry mixture. Stir to combine. Do not overmix.
- Spoon mixture into prepared doughnut pan and bake for 10-12 minutes, or until the doughnuts spring back when lightly pressed. Cool.
- For the topping, melt the coconut oil. Set aside. Combine the sifted sugar and cinnamon in a medium-sized bowl. Set aside.
- Once the doughnuts are cool enough to handle, dip them in the melted coconut oil, then roll them in the cinnamon-sugar mixture.
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.