DIY Caramel Apple Bar: Make This Fun Dessert Bar for Halloween Night by Christine Jones
Get creative with those apples! We set up a make-your-own-caramel-apple-bar for my son's play date and the kids loved it. It was not hard. I repeat: not hard. Very easy, in fact. Why not make some for Halloween night?
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 5 minutes
Total Time: 25 minutes
- caramel sauce
- toppings: mini M&Ms, fall sprinkles, chopped nuts, mini chocolate chips, crushed Oreo cookies, mini marshmallows
Here's how to do it:
- Slice up different color apples. We used a combination of Honeycrisp and Granny Smith apples.
- I inserted candy sticks that I bought from a craft store into each apple section (my son loves to eat food on a stick).
- Melt store-bought caramel sauce in the microwave in 10 second increments until it's soft and gooey.
- Put out a variety of your kids' favorite toppings in a muffin tin (so there's only one pan for cleanup). We used mini M&Ms, fall sprinkles, chopped nuts, mini chocolate chips, crushed Oreo cookies and mini marshmallows.
- Let kids (and adults!) dip their apple slices into the caramel and then into their favorite toppings.
My daughter thought it would be more fun to make a caramel apple sundae, so she ditched the sticks, piled her apples in a bowl and loaded up the toppings.
Take 30 seconds and join the 30Seconds community and follow us on Facebook to get recipes in your newsfeed daily. Inspire and be inspired.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Muffin Tins $7 & Up
Lollipop Sticks $3 & Up
Apple Slicers $6 & Up
Caramel Sauces $2 & Up
Chocolate Sauces $3 & Up
Mini M&Ms $3 & Up
Fall Sprinkles $4 & Up
Chopped Nuts $4 & Up
Mini Chocolate Chips $3 & Up
Oreos $3 & Up
Mini Marshmallows $3 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Over the MOON with this foodie activity! THANK YOU! I'm SO sharing this w everyone I know- we need this in our lives! MWAH! Thanks sister! Chrissy Jones