How to Make Pasta With Spinach Pesto & Peas in Less Than 30 Minutes! by Donna John
Basil takes a backseat to spinach in this healthy pesto pasta recipe. It's a complete meal, but if you want to add some garlic bread or a salad, it won't hurt my feelings!
- 1 pound pasta, cooked to package directions (fettucine, penne and angel hair work well)
- 1 cup frozen peas, thawed
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese
- 2 cups spinach leaves, washed
- 1/2 cup fresh basil or Italian flat leaf parsley leaves
- 1/2 cup pine nuts
- 1/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 3 cloves garlic
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- salt and pepper, to taste
Here’s how to make it:
- To make the pesto, combine all ingredients in a blender and process until smooth. Season with salt and pepper to taste. (You can add more olive oil to reach desired consistency.)
- To the hot pasta, add the peas, spinach pesto and 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese. Toss to combine.
Serve with additional Parmesan cheese.