How to Make Pasta With Spinach Pesto & Peas in Less Than 30 Minutes by Donna John
Basil takes a backseat to spinach in this healthy pesto pasta recipe. It's a complete meal, but if you want to add some garlic bread or a salad, it won't hurt my feelings!
- 1 pound pasta, cooked to package directions (fettucine, penne and angel hair work well)
- 1 cup frozen peas, thawed
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese
- 2 cups spinach leaves, washed
- 1/2 cup fresh basil or Italian flat leaf parsley leaves
- 1/2 cup pine nuts
- 1/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 3 cloves garlic
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
Here’s how to make it:
- To make the pesto, combine all ingredients in a blender and process until smooth. Season with salt and pepper to taste. (You can add more olive oil to reach desired consistency.)
- To the hot pasta, add the peas, spinach pesto and 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese. Toss to combine.
Serve with additional Parmesan cheese.
Take 30 seconds and join the 30Seconds community. Inspire and be inspired.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.