Quick & Easy Chocolate Almond Toffee Recipe Is Ready in 30 Minutes by Chef Gigi
Chocolate almond toffee is perfect as a sweet snack – just because. And it's ready in 30 minutes. No joke! Who wouldn't love to get a box of this sweet chocolate for Valentine's Day?
The sweet chocolate almond toffee is made with granulated sugar, water, butter, vanilla, a pinch of salt, semisweet chocolate and almonds. The sugar, water and butter are heated together in a saucepot on the stove. After bringing the mixture to a boil, cook until it reaches 325 degrees F on a candy thermometer. The vanilla and salt are then stirred in. The hot (be careful!) sweet liquid toffee is poured onto a baking sheet, then sprinkled chocolate and almonds. After drying, break it into pieces. Delish!
Store the homemade chocolate almond toffee in an airtight container. Be sure to share! It makes a very sweet gift for friends and family or the perfect snack or dessert any time.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup water
- 4 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- dash of salt
- 2 ounces semisweet chocolate, grated
- 1/2 cup chopped whole almonds
Here’s how you make it:
- Combine the sugar, water and butter in a small, heavy saucepan over medium-high heat, stirring just until combined.
- Bring to a boil. Cook, without stirring, until a candy thermometer registers 325 degrees F or until syrup begins to caramelize.
- Stir in vanilla and salt.
- Working carefully and quickly, pour sugar mixture onto a baking sheet covered with parchment paper. Spread the mixture to free-form shape. Let it stand 3 to 5 minutes.
- Sprinkle chocolate over warm toffee. Spread melted chocolate in a thin, even layer over toffee.
- Immediately sprinkle with chopped almonds. Allow to harden. Break into pieces.
Note: 30Seconds is a participant in the Amazon affiliate advertising program and this post contains affiliate links, which means we may earn a commission or fees if you make a purchase via those links.
Recipe cooking times and servings are approximate. Need to convert cooking and baking measurements? Here are some kitchen conversion charts. Here's how to submit your recipes to 30Seconds.
Take 30 seconds and join the 30Seconds community, and follow us on Facebook to get recipes in your newsfeed daily.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Candy Thermometers $5 & Up
Sugar $3 & Up
Vanilla $4 & Up
Semi-sweet Chocolate $3 & Up
Almonds $4 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.