National Candy Day: How to Make Chocolate Almond Toffee in 30 Minutes (Yes, You Can!) by Gigi Gaggero
Chocolate almond toffee is perfect as a sweet gift – or just because. And it's ready in 30 minutes.
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup water
- 4 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- dash of salt
- 2 ounces semisweet chocolate, grated
- 1/2 cup chopped whole almonds
Here’s how you make it:
- Combine first three ingredients in a small, heavy saucepan over medium-high heat, stirring just until combined.
- Bring to a boil. Cook, without stirring, until a candy thermometer registers 325 degrees F or until syrup begins to caramelize.
- Stir in vanilla and salt.
- Working carefully and quickly, pour sugar mixture onto a baking sheet covered with parchment paper. Spread the mixture to free-form shape. Let it stand 3-5 minutes.
- Sprinkle chocolate over warm toffee. Spread melted chocolate in a thin, even layer over toffee.
- Immediately sprinkle with chopped almonds. Allow to harden. Break into pieces.
Store in an airtight container – and share!
Take 30 seconds and join the 30Seconds community. Inspire and be inspired.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Candy Thermometers $5 & Up
Sugar $3 & Up
Vanilla $4 & Up
Semi-sweet Chocolate $3 & Up
Almonds $4 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.