Quick 4-Ingredient Wiener Schnitzel Recipe Is a German Favorite by Donna John
When you hear Wiener Schnitzel, you may automatically think of Germany. And indeed, this delicious dish is a German favorite. But Wiener Schnitzel is actually the national dish of Austria.
Don't let the schnitzel scare you! Wiener Schnitzel veal cutlets are quick and easy to prepare – and perfect for a busy weeknight dinner. Try it for your Oktoberfest celebration, too. It's Köstlich!
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 25 minutes
- 4 boneless veal or beef cutlets, pounded thin
- 1/2 cup flour
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 cup plain breadcrumbs
- cooking oil, for frying
Here’s how to make it:
- Pour enough oil in a large skillet to cover the bottom. Heat oil over medium-high heat.
- Put the flour in a bowl. Put the eggs in another bowl. Put the breadcrumbs in yet another bowl.
- Season both sides of the veal cutlets with salt and pepper.
- Dip the cutlets into the flour, then into the egg, then into the breadcrumbs. Coat both sides.
- Fry the cutlets in the hot oil about 3 minutes per side, or until golden brown. Drain on paper towels.
Sprinkle with chopped fresh parsley and serve with lemon slices. Great served with roasted potatoes or spaetzle.
Köstlich (German) - tasty, delicious
Need to convert cooking and baking measurements? Here are some kitchen conversion charts. Here's how to submit your recipes to 30Seconds.
Take 30 seconds and join the 30Seconds community, and follow us on Facebook to get recipes in your newsfeed daily.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
German Cookbooks $3 & Up
Oktoberfest Books $3 & Up
All-Purpose Flour $3 & Up
Cooking Oils $3 & Up
Bread Crumbs $1 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.