Oktoberfest Recipes: How to Make Quick & Easy Wiener Schnitzel (It's Köstlich) by Donna John
Never tried the national dish of Austria? Don't let the schnitzel scare you! Wiener Schnitzel is quick and easy to prepare – and perfect for a busy weeknight meal.
- 4 boneless veal cutlets, pounded thin
- 1/2 cup flour
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 cup plain breadcrumbs
- oil, for frying
Here’s how to make it:
- Pour enough oil in a large skillet to cover the bottom. Heat oil over medium-high heat.
- Put the flour in a bowl. Put the eggs in a bowl. Put the breadcrumbs in a bowl.
- Season both sides of the veal cutlets with salt and pepper.
- Dip the cutlets into the flour, then into the egg, then into the breadcrumbs. Coat both sides.
- Fry the cutlets in the hot oil about 3 minutes per side, or until golden brown. Drain on paper towels.
Sprinkle with chopped fresh parsley and serve with lemon slices. Great served with roasted potatoes or spaetzle.
Köstlich (German) - tasty, delicious
Take 30 seconds and join the 30Seconds community. Inspire ... and be inspired.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.