Creamy Wild Rice Soup Recipe: This Savory Soup Will Warm You From the Inside Out by Donna John
Sometimes you just need a bowl of savory soup, and this creamy wild rice soup recipe will warm you from the inside out. This delicious soup recipe has a surprise ingredient (bacon!) that adds a meaty flavor you will crave. It's so hearty and filling, it's enough for a complete meal without adding additional meat. But if you prefer, you can add shredded, cooked chicken when the soup is almost ready and simply heat it through.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 2 hours
Total Time: 2 hours, 10 minutes
Servings: 6 to 8
- 1 cup uncooked wild rice
- 3 cups boiling water
- 2 strips bacon
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 3/4 cup chopped celery
- 1/2 cup chopped carrots
- 1 package (8 ounces) sliced mushrooms
- 1 can chicken broth
- 2 cans cream of mushroom soup
- 2 soup cans of milk
- 1 teaspoon seasoned salt
- black pepper, to taste
Here’s how to make it:
- Bring water to a boil and add the wild rice. Simmer, covered, 50-60 minutes. Drain and set aside.
- Fry bacon until crisp in a Dutch oven. Remove bacon and crumble.
- To bacon grease, add the onion, celery, carrots and mushrooms. Cook, stirring, about 3-4 minutes.
- Add the remaining ingredients, including the cooked rice and bacon, and simmer, covered, about 1 hour. Stir occasionally.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Soup Bowls $7 & Up
Wild Rice $4 & Up
Cream of Mushroom Soup $1 & Up
Chicken Broth $1 & Up
Seasoned Salt $2 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.