How to Make DIY Mixed Berry Swirl Frozen Yogurt (You'll Save Money)! by Gigi Gaggero
Going out for frozen yogurt with the whole family can really add up financially. Stay home and make your own! The kids will be so excited!
- 4 cups plain yogurt (whole or reduced-fat Greek yogurt 2%)
- 1 cup sugar or substitute, divided
- 1 tablespoon vanilla, lemon or almond extract
- 1 cup mixed berries
Here's how to make it:
- In a medium bowl, mash together raspberries and 1/4 cup sugar. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine the yogurt, 3/4 cup sugar and extract until sugar melts.
- Pour into the freezer can of an ice cream maker. Freeze according to manufacturer’s directions.
- Swirl the berry mixture into the frozen yogurt.
- Remove from the machine and spoon the yogurt into a metal loaf pan. Cover tight and freeze for 1 hour or until firm.
To serve, leave yogurt at room temp for a few minutes and slice with unwaxed dental floss. (Really! Read this!) Yum!