Chef's Top Secret Mayonnaise Recipe: Make This Flavorful Homemade Mayonnaise Spread in Just 10 Minutes by Chef Gigi Gaggero, Host of KSCU 103.3 FM LIVE Food Talk Radio S.F. Bay Area
Have 10 minutes and a few simple ingredients? You can make my top secret homemade mayonnaise! Seriously. You'll want to stop buying jarred mayo because this sauce recipe is so easy, flavorful and delicious.
Experiment with this recipe to make it your own. You can make variations of this easy mayonnaise recipe by adding a clove of garlic to make an aioli sauce. Or try something with a little heat, like a Serrano chile. You can even add your favorite fresh herbs.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 0 minutes
Total Time: 10 minutes
Servings: 8 to 10
- 1 large egg
- 1 1/2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard (optional)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon white pepper
- 1 cup light extra virgin olive oil or a neutral-tasting oil
Here’s how to make it:
- In a food processor or blender, whip the egg, lemon juice, mustard, salt and white pepper until well combined.
- With the motor running, drizzle oil in very slowly in a steady stream. Blend until it comes together and is thick and smooth (emulsifies). Store in an air-tight container and refrigerate up to a week.
Need help converting cooking and baking measurements? Here are some handy kitchen conversion charts.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Food Processors $30 & Up
Blenders $20 & Up
Dijon Mustard $2 & Up
Olive Oil $4 & Up
White Pepper $4 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.