Chef's Secret Mayonnaise Recipe: Make This Homemade Mayonnaise Recipe in 10 Minutes Flat by Gigi Gaggero
Have 10 minutes and a few simple ingredients? You can make homemade mayonnaise! Experiment! Make variations of this easy mayonnaise recipe like adding a clove of garlic to make an aioli sauce, or try something with a little heat like a Serrano chile. You can even add your favorite fresh herbs.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 0 minutes
Total Time: 10 minutes
- 1 large egg
- 1 1/2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard (optional)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon white pepper
- 1 cup light extra virgin olive oil or a neutral-tasting oil
Here’s how to make it:
- In a food processor or blender, whip the egg, lemon juice, mustard, salt and white pepper until well combined.
- With the motor running, drizzle oil in very slowly in a steady stream. Blend until it comes together and is thick and smooth (emulsifies). Store in an air-tight container and refrigerate up to a week.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Food Processors $30 & Up
Blenders $20 & Up
Dijon Mustard $2 & Up
Olive Oil $4 & Up
White Pepper $4 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.