How to Make Rich, Warm & Creamy Polenta - Viva La Italiana! by Chef Gigi Gaggero, Host of KSCU 103.3 FM LIVE Food Talk Radio S.F. Bay Area
Creamy polenta is so heartwarming after a long day. Give it a try!
- 4 cups organic low-sodium chicken stock
- 1 cup medium-grain white polenta (yellow if you cannot find white)
- 1/2 cup sweet cream butter
- 1/4 cup ricotta or cream cheese
- 1/4 to 1/2 cups Parmesan cheese
Here’s how to make it:
- Bring the chicken stock to a boil over high heat in a thick-bottomed 3- to 4-quart sauce pan.
- Quickly whisk in the dry polenta until fully incorporated. Bring heat to low, add butter in several additions, stirring after each addition to incorporate.
- Continue to cook, stirring occasionally, so it doesn't stick to the bottom of the pan, for about 25 minutes.
- Finish by stirring in the ricotta or cream cheese and top with grated Parmesan!
Serve in warm bowls topped with Ragù Alla Bolognese (get my recipe here). Love!