You Do Have Time for Breakfast: How to Make Individual Veggie Frittatas! by Chef Gigi Gaggero
2 years ago
Who has time for breakfast? You do, with these individual vegetable frittatas!
- 1/2 cup onion, small dice
- 1/2 cup red bell pepper, small dice
- 1 cup spinach, chopped
- 4 eggs
- 4 egg whites
- 2 tablespoons fresh chives, chopped
- 1 tomato, diced
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- cooking oil
- salt and fresh black pepper
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese
Here’s how to make them:
- Melt some cooking oil in a skillet over medium heat. Cook the onion, garlic and Italian seasoning until fragrant.
- Add bell pepper, cook until soft.
- Add spinach, half of the chives and tomatoes. Season with salt and pepper. Stir, cover and set aside.
- Whisk eggs and egg whites. Season with salt and pepper.
- Spray six muffin tins with non-stick spray. Fill with a layer of cooked veggies. Sprinkle a pinch or two of cheese, then top with beaten egg. Bake in a preheated 350-degree F oven for 15-20 minutes. Top with remaining chives.
Variation: Use chopped broccoli instead of spinach.