This Spinach & Ricotta Dumplings Recipe Is One Italian Recipe You Have Got to Try by Donna John
Spinach and ricotta dumplings are easy enough for a weeknight meal, but impressive enough for your next dinner party. All you need is a salad and dinner is done.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
Total Time: 40 minutes
- 2 packages (10 ounces each) frozen spinach, thawed and squeezed dry or 2 bunches fresh, cooked, squeezed dry and chopped
- 1 cup ricotta
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 1/4 cups freshly grated Parmesan cheese, divided
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 cups milk
Here's how to make them:
- Combine the spinach, ricotta, eggs, salt, pepper, 1/2 cup flour and 1/2 cup Parmesan. Season with salt and pepper, to taste. Mix well. Flour your hands and shape into 2-inch by 1-inch ovals.
- Bring a pot of water to a boil. Cook dumplings in two batches until they float. Drain on paper towels.
- Melt the butter in a saucepan. Add 2 tablespoons flour and cook 1 minute. Gradually add milk, stirring, and cook until thick and bubbly. Remove from heat and add 1/2 cup Parmesan.
- Place dumplings in single layer in a baking dish. Spoon sauce over the top and sprinkle with remaining 1/4 cup Parmesan. Bake in a preheated 350-degree F oven for 15 to 20 minutes.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.