How to Make Easy Spinach & Ricotta Dumplings (They're So Good)! by Donna John
Spinach and ricotta dumplings are easy enough for a weeknight meal, but impressive enough for your next dinner party!
- 2 packages (10 ounces each) frozen spinach, thawed and squeezed dry or 2 bunches fresh, cooked, squeezed dry and chopped
- 1 cup ricotta
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 1/4 cups freshly grated Parmesan cheese, divided
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 cups milk
Here's how to make them:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Combine the spinach, ricotta, eggs, salt, pepper, 1/2 cup flour and 1/2 cup Parmesan. Mix well. Flour your hands and shape into 2-inch by 1-inch ovals.
- Bring a pot of water to a boil. Cook dumplings in two batches until they float. Drain on paper towels.
- Melt the butter in a saucepan. Add 2 tablespoons flour and cook 1 minute. Gradually add milk, stirring, and cook until thick and bubbly. Remove from heat and add 1/2 cup Parmesan.
- Place dumplings in single layer in a baking dish. Spoon sauce over the top and sprinkle with remaining 1/4 cup Parmesan. Bake for 15-20 minutes.