This Simple Sweet & Sour Chicken Recipe Satisfies Those Chinese Food Cravings by Donna John
No need to order takeout if you're in the mood for sweet and sour chicken. While it finishes cooking in the oven, make your rice and dinner is done.
- 4 to 6 boneless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch chunks
- 1 cup cornstarch
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1/3 cup oil
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 4 tablespoons ketchup (try this homemade ketchup)
- 1/2 cup white vinegar
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
Here's how you make it:
- Heat oil in a large skillet. Season the chicken with salt and pepper to taste. Dip the chicken into the cornstarch to coat and then into the eggs. Cook the chicken in the hot oil until browned. Place in a baking dish.
- Make the sauce by whisking together all of the ingredients.
- Pour the sauce over the chicken and stir gently to coat completely. Bake at 350 degrees F for about 15 minutes. Turn the chicken over and cook about 10 minutes more, or until done. Serve with brown rice or white rice. Garnish with chopped green onions.
Take 30 seconds and join the 30Seconds community. Inspire and be inspired.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Cornstarch $2 & Up
Sugar $3 & Up
Ketchup $2 & Up
Vinegar $2 & Up
Soy Sauce $3 & Up
Garlic Salt $3 & Up
White Rice $2 & Up
Brown Rice $3 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.