Craving Chinese Food? How to Make Super Simple Sweet & Sour Chicken! by Donna John
No need to order takeout if you're in the mood for sweet and sour chicken! While it finishes cooking in the oven, make your rice and dinner is done!
- 4 to 6 boneless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch chunks
- salt and pepper
- 1 cup cornstarch
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 4 tablespoons ketchup (try this homemade ketchup)
- 1/2 cup white vinegar
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
Here's how you make it:
- Heat oil in a large skillet.
- Season the chicken with salt and pepper to taste. Dip the chicken into the cornstarch to coat and then into the eggs. Cook the chicken in the hot oil until browned. Place in a baking dish.
- Make the sauce by whisking together all of the ingredients.
- Pour the sauce over the chicken and stir gently to coat completely. Bake at 350 degrees F for about 15 minutes. Turn the chicken over and cook about 10 minutes more, or until done.
Serve with brown or white rice. Garnish with chopped green onions.