Chicken Dijonnaise Recipe: This Easy Classic French Chicken Recipe Is How Chefs Like to Eat by Chef Gigi Gaggero, Host of KSCU 103.3 FM LIVE Food Talk Radio S.F. Bay Area
Want to eat like a chef? Then make this easy chicken Dijonnaise recipe ASAP. I'm a chef, trust me. It's delicious (and not as time consuming as you may think)!
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 45 minutes
Total Time: 55 minutes
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 3 pounds chicken drumsticks (about 8)
- 1 onion, finely sliced
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 1/2 cups chicken stock
- 1 - 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 2 tablespoons whole-grain mustard
- 3 tablespoons crème fraiche or sour cream
- 2 teaspoons fresh chopped tarragon
Here’s how to make it:
- Heat the olive oil until shimmering. Season the chicken drumsticks with salt and pepper. Place the chicken in skillet and cook, turning often, until nicely brown, about 10 minutes.
- Add onions and garlic. Cook about 3 minutes, stirring.
- Add chicken stock and cumin. Bring to a boil. Cover, reduce heat to low and cook until done, about 30 minutes. Remove chicken and set aside.
- In a bowl, whisk together the mustard, crème fraiche and tarragon. Add to pan and stir until thickened.
- Return the chicken to pan and blanket with the sauce.
Take 30 seconds and join the 30Seconds community. Inspire and be inspired.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Ground Cumin $3 & Up
Extra Virgin Olive Oil $4 & Up
Chicken Stock $1 & Up
Whole Grain Mustard $3 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.