How to Make Your Own Gluten-free Flour Mix (Crazy Quick Recipe) by Amy Fothergill
There are many gluten-free flour blends out there, but did you know you can make your own?
- 2 cups brown rice flour
- 2 cups white rice flour
- 1 cup potato starch
- 1 cup tapioca starch
Here's how to make it:
- Whisk together all ingredients in a large bowl.
- Store in a cool place in an airtight container.
You can double the batch to save time.
How to use it:
- Use this gluten-free flour mix in place of regular all-purpose flour, substituting 1:1.
- To use the flour for muffins and quick breads, add 1/2 teaspoon of xanthan gum for 2 cups of flour.
- For cakes and cookies, add 3/4 teaspoon xanthan gum for 2 cups of flour.
Note: Bread and pizza are not as easy to replace 1:1.
Xanthan Gum $9
Brown Rice Flour $13
White Rice Flour $11
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.