Homemade Ketchup Recipe: Relax, It's Easy to Make Ketchup at Home by Chef Gigi Gaggero, Host of KSCU 103.3 FM LIVE Food Talk Radio S.F. Bay Area
Stop buying that bottled stuff and try my DIY ketchup recipe. This homemade ketchup is fast, fun and delicious!
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 11 minutes
Total Time: 21 minutes
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup red wine vinegar
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 – 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 can (14.5 ounces) unsalted organic diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 2 teaspoons water
Here’s how to make it:
- In a food processor, add all the ingredients except the olive oil, cornstarch and water. Process to a liquid.
- Heat a large saucepan over medium-high heat. Add the olive oil to the pan. Add the tomato mixture. Bring to a boil and cook, stirring occasionally, until reduced to 2 cups, about 10 minutes.
- Place the cornstarch in a small bowl and add the 2 teaspoons of water. Stir until smooth. Add cornstarch mixture to pan and cook 1 minute or until mixture thickens, stirring constantly.
- Cool. Store in an airtight container for up to two weeks.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Squeeze Bottles $4 & Up
Red Wine Vinegar $2 & Up
Brown Sugar $3 & Up
Ground Cumin $2 & Up
Allspice $3 & Up
Organic Diced Tomatoes $2 & Up
Olive Oil $4 & Up
Cornstarch $2 & Up
Food Processors $25 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.