How to Make Apple Pastry Roses That Are Sure to Impress (Vegan Option)! by Chef Gigi Gaggero
End a meal with these beautiful apple pastry roses and you'll be the talk of the town by everyone – from vegans to carnivores!
- 6 red apples, cored, halved and sliced 1/4-inch thick
- 1/2 cup melted vegan butter or regular butter
- 1 package phyllo dough
- nonstick spray
- water or nut milk, to seal
- equal parts cinnamon and sugar
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds
- powdered sugar
Here's how to make it:
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Spray a muffin tin with nonstick cooking spray.
- Saute the apples in the vegan butter until soft.
- Lay 4 phyllo sheets flat and spread butter in between each sheet.
- Cut four 3-inch by 6-inch strips.
- Sprinkle the strips with cinnamon-sugar mixture.
- Place apple slices overlapping along the long side of the dough. Use about half an apple per strip. Top with the almonds.
- Fold the bottom half of the dough up to meet the other side of the dough, enclosing about 1/4 to 1/2 inch of the apple slices to form one long ruler-like pocket. Now roll from the right to the left to form the rose. Use water or nut milk to seal the edges.
- Bake in the muffin tins for about 10-12 minutes, or until brown.
- Top with powdered sugar before serving.