Apple Pastry Roses Dessert Recipe: How to Make Apple Pastry Roses That Are Sure to Impress Your Guests by Chef Gigi
End a meal with these beautiful apple pastry roses and you'll be the talk of the town by everyone – from vegans to carnivores and from party guests to family members. So pretty and so delicious – and easy enough that you don't have to be a pastry chef in order to make them.
Prep Time: 30 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
- 6 red apples, cored, halved and sliced 1/4-inch thick
- 1/2 cup melted vegan butter or regular butter
- 1 package phyllo dough
- nonstick spray
- water or nut milk, to seal
- equal parts cinnamon and sugar
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds
- powdered sugar
Here's how to make it:
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Spray a muffin tin with nonstick cooking spray.
- Saute the apples in the vegan butter until soft.
- Lay 4 phyllo sheets flat and spread butter in between each sheet. Cut four 3-inch by 6-inch strips. Sprinkle the strips with cinnamon-sugar mixture.
- Place apple slices overlapping along the long side of the dough. Use about half an apple per strip. Top with the almonds.
- Fold the bottom half of the dough up to meet the other side of the dough, enclosing about 1/4 to 1/2 inch of the apple slices to form one long ruler-like pocket. Now roll from the right to the left to form the rose. Use water or nut milk to seal the edges.
- Bake in the muffin tins for about 10-12 minutes, or until brown. Top with powdered sugar before serving.
Take 30 seconds and join the 30Seconds community and follow us on Facebook to get recipes in your newsfeed daily. Inspire and be inspired.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Muffin Tins $8 & Up
Nonstick Cooking Spray $3 & Up
Powdered Sugar $3 & Up
Cinnamon $3 & Up
Sugar $3 & Up
Sliced Almonds $4 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.