Apple Pastry Roses Dessert Recipe: How to Make Apple Pastry Roses That Are Sure to Impress Your Guests by Chef Gigi Gaggero, Host of KSCU 103.3 FM LIVE Food Talk Radio S.F. Bay Area
End a meal with these beautiful apple pastry roses and you'll be the talk of the town by everyone – from vegans to carnivores and from party guests to family members. So pretty and so delicious – and easy enough that you don't have to be a pastry chef in order to make them.
Prep Time: 30 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
- 6 red apples, cored, halved and sliced 1/4-inch thick
- 1/2 cup melted vegan butter or regular butter
- 1 package phyllo dough
- nonstick spray
- water or nut milk, to seal
- equal parts cinnamon and sugar
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds
- powdered sugar
Here's how to make it:
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Spray a muffin tin with nonstick cooking spray.
- Saute the apples in the vegan butter until soft.
- Lay 4 phyllo sheets flat and spread butter in between each sheet. Cut four 3-inch by 6-inch strips. Sprinkle the strips with cinnamon-sugar mixture.
- Place apple slices overlapping along the long side of the dough. Use about half an apple per strip. Top with the almonds.
- Fold the bottom half of the dough up to meet the other side of the dough, enclosing about 1/4 to 1/2 inch of the apple slices to form one long ruler-like pocket. Now roll from the right to the left to form the rose. Use water or nut milk to seal the edges.
- Bake in the muffin tins for about 10-12 minutes, or until brown. Top with powdered sugar before serving.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Muffin Tins $8 & Up
Nonstick Cooking Spray $3 & Up
Powdered Sugar $3 & Up
Cinnamon $3 & Up
Sugar $3 & Up
Sliced Almonds $4 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.