Mother's Day Recipes: How to Make a Dutch Baby Pancake in 30 Minutes by Chef Gigi Gaggero
The Dutch baby pancake was developed in the U.S., but it’s derived from the German Pfannkuchen.
- 4 large eggs
- 1 cup milk or almond milk
- 1 cup flour or gluten-free flour
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup blueberries
- powdered sugar, for dusting on top before serving
- syrup or honey
Here’s how to make it:
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Whisk together eggs, milk, flour, granulated sugar, lemon zest, extract and salt in a blender.
- Heat a cast-iron skillet over high heat. Add butter and melt. Add batter then scatter with the berries.
- Immediately transfer to hot oven until cooked through and top is set, about 15 to 20 minutes.
- Scream with delight, then top with powdered sugar and your favorite toppings (honey, syrup, etc.).
Wait .... now scream with delight!