Cookies on a Stick? Yes, Please! Here’s How to Make ‘Em! by Jan Mostrom
We love these fun cookies on a stick for so many reasons. First, they are easy to make. Second, they are really yummy. And last but not least, they are a great, inexpensive activity for any birthday party or play date. Here are the easy steps!
- Slice prepackaged sugar cookie dough into thick slices. (I freeze it for 30 to 60 minutes for easier slicing.)
- Place four to six slices on a large cookie sheet.
- Place decorated (or not) wooden tongue depressors or Popsicle sticks on top of dough about 3/4 of the way through the dough. Press gently.
- Put another slice of cookie dough on top.
- Bake according to package directions, but be prepared to add a few minutes because of thickness.
- Cool on a wire rack.
The next step is the fun one! Have kids and adults decorate with frosting and sprinkles!