Best 7-Layer Bar Cookie Recipe: An Amazing Cookie Dessert Recipe That Requires No Mixing (Zilch!) by Kathy Widenhouse
If you've never made 7 layer bar cookies, you're in for a real treat. This delicious cookie bar recipe blends chocolate and butterscotch chips with chopped nuts and flaked coconut.
If that's not enough to convince you, here are two more reasons to keep this amazing 7 layer bar cookie recipe in the “go to” part of your recipe file: there’s no mixing (none!) and the bars always look and taste great.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
Total Time: 40 minutes
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter
- 1 1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs (about 12 large graham crackers)
- 1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
- 1 cup (6-ounce bag) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup (6-ounce bag) butterscotch chips
- 1 cup chopped nuts
- 1 cup sweet flaked coconut
Here's how you make it:
- Line a 13x9-inch baking pan with aluminum foil. Spray the sides of the foil to prevent bars from sticking to the sides of the foil when you remove bars. Cut the butter into the pan. Set the pan in the heated oven to melt butter.
- Remove the pan from the oven when butter is melted. Sprinkle graham cracker crumbs evenly over the melted margarine. The crumbs will be absorbed by the butter to create the crust. Gently shake the pan back and forth sideways to allow excess crumbs to be absorbed.
- Layer chocolate chips, butterscotch chips, and chopped nuts evenly over the crust. Pour sweetened condensed milk evenly over bars. Use an angled spatula to spread milk into spots that are not covered. Sprinkle the coconut on top.
- Bake bars 25 to 30 minutes in a preheated 350-degree F oven until lightly browned. Remove the pan from the oven and allow it to cool completely on a wire rack. Lift the foil out of the pan and set the bars onto a cutting board. Peel away foil. Cut the bars. Store bars loosely covered at room temperature.
Need help converting cooking and baking measurements? Here are some handy kitchen conversion charts.
Take 30 seconds and join the 30Seconds community and follow us on Facebook to get recipes in your newsfeed daily. Inspire and be inspired.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
13x9-inch Baking Pans $8 & Up
Graham Crackers $2 & Up
Sweetened Condensed Milk $2 & Up
Semisweet Chocolate Chips $2 & Up
Butterscotch Chips $2 & Up
Flaked Coconut $2 & Up
Chopped Nuts $3 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.