Easy Green Smoothie Recipe: This Healthy St. Patrick's Day Smoothie Recipe Is So Delicious, Even Kids Crave It by Ashlee Smith
Getting vegetables into your kids can sometimes seem impossible. At least that’s how I felt when trying to feed my 3-year-old anything somewhat healthy. I tried everything to try to get him to eat his veggies – from roasting to pureeing. I almost gave up! That’s when I decided to try out this easy green smoothie recipe on him.
I figured if I just handed him a drink of green “slime” that he would turn it down before even trying it. But I got him in the kitchen and had him help me make it and … HE LOVED IT! He had such a blast making it that he didn’t even second guess it when I poured him some of this vegan yumminess in his favorite Star Wars cup.
Now he craves this smoothie recipe even as much as I do, asking to “cook a green smoothie” every single day. You can add anything you like to this delicious breakfast or snack recipe, but here’s our favorite concoction. It's fun and festive for St. Patrick's Day, or anytime.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 0 minutes
Total Time: 5 minutes
- 1 - 2 cups spinach (or kale)
- 1 frozen banana
- 1 cup frozen pineapple (or 1 cup frozen mango)
- 1 teaspoon chia seeds or flax seeds
- water (or any all-natural juice, orange juice is a good option) to taste, to achieve desired consistency
- vanilla plant-based protein powder (I use Vega protein – it even has a serving of veggies in it, too)
- mint for garnish, if desired
Here's how to make it:
- Put all the ingredients into a blender.
- Blend well until smooth, about 2 minutes. Pour into glasses and garnish with mint, if desired. If you have leftovers, you can store in the refrigerator for a couple of days.
You can add any fruit you want (green apples are nice), and even make it greener by adding celery, cucumber, parsley, avocado, etc. The possibilities are endless! It’s such a great way to get loads of vitamins and nutrients into yourself and your child, and it ended up being a bonding experience for my son and me.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.