How to Make Healthy Tuna Salad Avocado Boats (Perfect for Lunch)! by Meredith Schneider
Keep healthy eating simple by starting small. If you want to keep your meals healthy and cringe at the thought of using mayonnaise, then swap it out for ... drum roll please...
Avocado! Avocado tastes amazing and is crazy healthy for you! Did you know that avocados provide nearly 20 essential nutrients, including fiber, potassium, vitamin E, B vitamins and folic acid. Want to give mashed avocado a try?
- 1 can tuna, drained
- 1 avocado, mashed
- 4 sweet peppers, chopped
- 1/8 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 4 leaves romaine lettuce or 1 avocado, cut in half
Here's how to make them:
- In a bowl, combine the avocado, chopped peppers, tuna and salt and pepper. Mix well.
- Divide evening between the four lettuce leaves or avocado halves.
- Garnish with chopped tomato, if desired. Serves 2.
Be Happy. Be Healthy. Be Fit. Be YOU. It's YOUR Turn!