20-Minute Sweet & Spicy Broiled Chicken Recipe With Honey-Mustard Glaze by Donna John
I discovered this easy chicken recipe years ago and it's been in my recipe rotation ever since. Boneless chicken is coated with a sweet and spicy seasoning blend and broiled. But that's not all! A tangy honey mustard glaze is brushed on at the end to seal the sweet deal.
When a recipe is this easy, yummy and my husband loves it, too, it makes this woman print it out and put it in her coveted recipe binder. Done. Serve with your favorite grain, vegetable or a salad. This recipe could easily be cut in half.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 10 to 12 minutes
Total Time: 20 to 22 minutes
Servings: 6 to 8
- 8 boneless, skinless chicken breasts or boneless chicken thighs
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 - 1 teaspoon chipotle chili powder (or to taste)
Honey Dijon Glaze
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon yellow mustard
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
Here's how to make it:
- Combine all the seasoning blend ingredients.
- Put the chicken onto an oiled baking sheet. Season with salt and pepper. Rub the seasoning blend all over the chicken.
- Put the chicken under a preheated broiler (middle position in the oven) and cook for about 5 minutes per side.
- While the chicken broils, whisk together the honey mustard glaze.
- Just before chicken is done cooking, remove and brush with the glaze. Broil 1 to 2 more minutes more or until chicken is cooked through. Serve with any remaining glaze on the side.
Need help converting cooking and baking measurements? Here are some handy kitchen conversion charts.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.