Peanut Butter Fandango Treats Recipe: Chocolate Peanut Butter Rice Krispies Treats Are Quick & Delish by Kathy Widenhouse
Peanut Butter Rice Krispies Treats (aka Peanut Fandangos) are a delicious version of the classic Rice Krispies Treats. Today, Rice Krispies Treats are called RKTs by those who love cookies and sweets. These delicious desserts were invented by Kellogg's workers Mildred Day and Malitta Jensen in 1939.
Today, RKT variations abound. This one is awesome in at least five delicious ways (marshmallows, peanut butter, peanuts, chocolate chips, butterscotch chips). Using only a microwave cooking method, this chocolate peanut butter recipe makes a quick and yummy treat anytime (plus, they're gluten-free)!
Prep Time: 10 minutes, plus 15 to 30 minutes chilling time
Cook Time: 5 minutes
Total Time: 15 minutes, plus 15 to 30 minutes chilling time
- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) butter or margarine
- 1 bag (10 ounces) large marshmallows (about 40)
- 1/2 cup smooth peanut butter
- 5 cups crisp rice cereal (such as Rice Krispies)
- 1 cup unsalted peanuts
- 1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup (6 ounces) butterscotch chips
Here's how to make them:
- Measure rice cereal and peanuts. Combine together in a mixing bowl. Set aside. Lightly grease a 13x9-inch baking pan.
- In a large, microwave-safe bowl, microwave butter on high for 45 seconds or until melted.
- Remove bowl from the microwave. Add marshmallows and toss to coat. Return bowl to the oven. Microwave on high for 1 1/2 minutes, stirring halfway.
- Remove bowl from the microwave. Stir marshmallows, blending in peanut butter until mixture is smooth.
- Pour marshmallow mixture into rice cereal mixture. Mix thoroughly to coat cereal and peanuts. Press mixture into the prepared baking pan.
- In a separate microwave-safe bowl, combine semi-sweet chips and butterscotch chips. Cook on high 1 to 1 1/2 minutes until melted, stirring every 30 seconds.
- Spoon melted chocolate over bars. Use a knife or a spatula to spread chocolate evenly over bars.
- Chill cookies in the refrigerator 15to 30 minutes or longer. Cut bars into 1 1/2-inch squares. Remove bars from the pan. Place waxed paper in between layers to store them.
- Store bars in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Large Marshmallows $2 & Up
Crisp Rice Cereals $3 & Up
Smooth Peanut Butter $2 & Up
Unsalted Peanuts $2 & Up
Semisweet Chocolate Chips $3 & Up
Butterscotch Chips $3 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.