The Best Quinoa Kale Salad Recipe: This Kale & Quinoa Salad Recipe Is So Delicious, No One Will Believe It's That Good for You by Jan Mostrom
Kale and quinoa? I know what you're thinking – sure, it may be healthy, but it can't possibly taste very good. But this is not just another kale or quinoa salad. This easy and delicious recipe combines unexpected ingredients and textures, plus an amazing avocado dressing that is to die for. I made it for a dinner party the other night and everyone asked me for the recipe. Best part? It's super simple and ready in about 30 minutes. It truly is the best quinoa kale salad ever!
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
Servings: 4 to 6
- 1 1/2 cups cooked quinoa
- 1 tomato, chopped
- 1 carrot, diced
- 1 red or yellow pepper, diced
- 1 bag baby kale
- 1 green onion, chopped
- 1 handful parsley, chopped
- 2 tablespoon raw pumpkin seeds
- 2 tablespoon sunflower seeds
For the avocado dressing:
- 1/2 avocado, mashed
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 - 4 tablespoons freshly squeezed orange juice
- 1 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
Here's how to make it:
- Slice up tomatoes, green peppers, carrots and green onions.
- Rinse quinoa and prepare according to package directions (quinoa can be cooking while you chop vegetables or prepare the dressing).
- In a large bowl, mix together the vegetables. Add 1 1/2 cups warm quinoa. Mix together all ingredients for avocado dressing, then add it on top of salad. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- In a large serving bowl, toss everything together. Serve to your family or guests, and sit back and wait for compliments (and recipe requests)!
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Quinoa $3 & Up
Pumpkin Seeds $4 & Up
Sunflower Seeds $3 & Up
Olive Oil $4 & Up
Balsamic Vinegar $3 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.